The New Terminal 8
Request For Proposal (RFP)
As part of the $125 million commercial development for Terminal 8 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), the operating entity of JFK T8 Innovation Partners, is looking to partner with local business enterprises (LBE) to bid on retail opportunities through its Local Small Business Retail Accelerator (the “Accelerator”) program. These opportunities are specifically reserved for founders or businesses that originate from Southeast Queens, Greater Queens, the NYC Metro Area, or the NY Regional area.
The Accelerator program lowers the barriers to entry for small, local retail businesses that aspire to test their concept alongside established local, national, and global brands in the airport marketplace.
- Gives small, local retail businesses the opportunity to participate in a competitive process to test their concepts in the airport environment.
- Offers flexible deal terms and small format, plug-and-play spaces that enable reduced upfront costs, smaller security deposits, and little to no store design fees.
- Provides education on airport operations, Airport Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) certification, and facilitates networking opportunities to help new operators learn best practices.
- Offers the opportunity to be featured at no cost on the JFK T8 Order Now Mobile Marketplace.
- Feature and promote awardees through social media and news channels and may be considered for national and industry awards.
Specifically, JFK T8 Innovation Partners is looking for candidates that:
- Can provide products in one of the following categories: Kids/Baby, Beauty, Health & Personal Care, Home, Household Essentials, Pets, Toys, Accessories, Clothing or Entertainment, Services, Pre-Packaged: Foods, Confection, Gifts. Per Department of Health regulations, the units will not be suited for food preparation, or fresh food or beverage sales that are not shelf stable.
- Have been in operation for a minimum of three years and sell direct-to-consumer (D2C) online, in specialty stores or have a limited brick-and-mortar presence (less than 3 stores.)
The RFP is available for download here.
JFK Terminal 8 Food Hall
Request For Information (RFI)
JFK T8 Innovation Partners (T8 Partners) is seeking Requests for Information (RFI) for the opportunity to develop and manage the food hall concessions at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) Terminal 8.
T8 Partners, a joint venture led by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), was recently awarded the contract to redevelop and manage the commercial program at Terminal 8 in partnership with American Airlines and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The $125 million project will feature a Food Hall inside the new Great Hall with more than 60 new shopping and restaurant offerings.
With an emphasis on locally owned and diverse businesses that will create opportunities for the community, the new program will showcase New York’s world-renowned culinary scene and establish a unique sense of place for travelers. The desired culinary experience and ambiance of the future Food Hall will also reflect the diverse communities adjacent to JFK.
The RFI seeks to obtain industry feedback and intelligence to help tailor the procurement process and Request for Proposals (RFP) to the needs of the market.
The RFI is available for download here.
We’re committed to working with small, local, minority and women-owned businesses.
Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC)
We’re looking for local, small, minority and women-owned companies to help build and maintain the new JFK T8.
Leasing & Products
We’re offering flexible leasing opportunities suited for many business types—in-line spaces, kiosks, pop-ups, product integration, and more.
Register your business today to learn about upcoming opportunities and benefit from networking, mentorship and invitations to partner.
We are investing in our concessions, hospitality, construction, and services teams by providing high-quality jobs to our Queens community and beyond.
Construction & Services
Leave your mark on T8 by joining the construction and services team. Our partners will be seeking employees to help build and maintain the reimagined terminal.
Hospitality & Concessions
We are creating more than 300 new concessions jobs. Work with our hospitality and concessions partners in delivering an elevated customer experience.
Coordinating our hiring efforts with that of the Council for Airport Opportunity, we are committed to expanding employment opportunities for the Jamaica Queens community.
Sign up today to get hiring notices and be connected with our construction and concessions partners.